Planning a trip to somewhere new can be really exciting, but it can also be hard to know where to stay. One way you can ensure you have a great time is to find the best places to stay in your area. If you’re planning a trip abroad and want some tips on where to find the best campsites in your destination, this article will give you plenty of ideas!
Types of Caravan Parks
There are many types of caravan parks in South West England, from small family-owned sites to larger, more commercial complexes.
Here we outline the main types and why they might be your best option.
- Traditional Caravan Parks: These are usually small, family-owned sites with a few pitches and facilities such as a toilet and shower block. They can be great places to stay if you want to get away from it all, but they may not have everything you need, particularly if you’re traveling with children.
- Country Parks and Reserves: If you’re looking for a more traditional camping experience, check out country parks or reserves. These are large areas with plenty of space for tents and caravans, and sometimes there’s also access to lakes, streams, or other natural features. They can be expensive to stay at, but they’re well worth it if you want peace and quiet in the countryside.
A Note On Campsites If you’re traveling with a group of friends or family members, consider booking a campsite rather than using a caravan park. Sites like these offer plenty of space for everyone to pitch their tents together, and there are often amenities (such as toilets and showers) available on site. Just make sure that you book in advance – especially during peak season!
What to Look For in a Park?
If you’re looking for a caravan park to stay in during your travels around South West England,
Here are some things to look for:
- A good location: Ideally, a caravan park should be located near some great scenic features or attractions.
- An extensive range of facilities: You’ll want to make sure that the park has everything you need, from toilets and showers to playgrounds and outdoor areas.
- Friendly staff: It’s important that the staff at the park are friendly and welcoming so that you feel comfortable dropping by for a chat.
- Pricey but worth it: While many of the parks in this region are relatively pricey, they’re definitely worth it if you’re looking for quality accommodation and amenities.
How to Find a Park?
There are many great caravan parks in the South West of England, so it can be hard to decide which one to choose.
Here are five tips on how to find a great park:
- Do your research: First, assess what you need from a caravan park. Do you want facilities such as lakes and rivers for fishing or swimming, or do you just want a place to pitch your tent? Once you know what you’re looking for, check out different park websites and reviews to get an idea of which ones might fit that bill.
- Consider the location: Another key factor to consider is the location of the park. Are there lots of amenities nearby, like shops or the best restaurants? Is the scenery beautiful? Again, read reviews and visit websites to get a sense of what others think before making your decision.
- Get quotations: Once you have a few potential parks in mind, it’s time to get quotations from them. This will help you compare prices and decide which one is best for you. Be sure to ask about things like site access (will you need a vehicle), rates (which include taxes and fees), and availability (does the park have spaces available now?).
- Make a reservation: If everything looks good and fits into your schedule, make a reservation at one of the parks! Many parks offer online booking systems so this can be done easily from anywhere in the world.
- Pack your bags: Finally, be sure to pack your bags and plan to arrive early to get a spot in the park. Many parks have a first come, first serve policy so it’s important to be prepared!
How Much Does a Night Stay in a Caravan Park Cost?
When planning your holiday, one of the most important things to consider is where you’ll be sleeping. caravan parks offer great value for money and there are a number of different types available in the South West.
Here are some key facts about caravans parks:
- They can be found all around the South West, with some popular locations including Exmoor and Dartmoor
- Some caravans parks offer facilities such as swimming pools, playgrounds, and tennis courts
- You can usually stay in a park for either one or two nights, with prices starting from around £25 per night
Top 15 Caravan Parks In South West England
1. Sidmouth Caravan and Camping Park
Sidmouth Caravan and Camping Park in Devon is perfect for those looking for a relaxed holiday with plenty of activities nearby. The park has a wealth of attractions nearby, including the Jurassic Coast and Dartmoor National Park. There are also plenty of amenities on-site, such as camping sites, pitches for tents and caravans, a shop, a pub, and a leisure center.
2. Dartmoor Caravan and Camping Park
Dartmoor Caravan and Camping Park offer a range of facilities for visitors, including a shop, restaurant, and swimming pool. The park is situated on the banks of the River Dart and has an extensive area of pitches, camping cabins, and bungalows. There are also several streams, ponds, and waterfalls nearby to explore. In addition, the park offers horse riding, fishing, and golf.
3. Blackmoor Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a place to park your caravan or camping trailer in the South West, then look no further than Blackmoor Caravan and Camping Park. This park has everything you could possibly need, including an on-site shop, toilets, and showers, as well as a playground and several lakes. There’s also plenty of space to pitch your tent or camp out in the open.
4. Barnstable Caravan and Camping Park
Barnstable Caravan and Camping Park are located in the heart of Barnstable, just a short drive from the beach. The park has its own lake and offers a range of activities for visitors including swimming, fishing, sailing, and windsurfing. There is also a playground, tennis court, and mini golf course. The park has a range of facilities for camping including pitches for tents and caravans, wi-fi access, and a shop.
5. Bideford Caravan and Camping Park
Bideford Caravan and Camping Park offer a range of facilities for visitors, including pitches for tents, caravans, and motorhomes, a children’s play area, washing facilities, and a convenience store. There is also the option to take advantage of the golf course or the pool. The park is located close to Bideford town center and can be reached by road or cycle path.
6. Salcombe Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a caravan park with great facilities and stunning surroundings, look no further than Salcombe Caravan and Camping Park. This park is located in the beautiful town of Salcombe on the south coast of England, close to the Jurassic Coast. The park has a wide range of facilities, including an indoor pool, a children’s play area, tennis courts, a golf course, and much more. You can also enjoy lovely walks along the coastal path or cycle routes that pass through the park. If you’re looking for a quiet retreat with plenty to do, Salcombe Caravan and Camping Park are perfect for you.
7. Lynton Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a place to stay while traveling in South West England, look no further than Lynton Caravan and Camping Park. The park is located just outside of the town of Lynton, near the beautiful beaches of Torquay and Paignton. The park has a range of facilities available, including a heated indoor pool, tennis courts, a playground, and an outdoor barbecue area. You can also take advantage of the on-site restaurant and bar, which serves traditional British cuisine. If you’re looking for something more luxurious than a basic caravan site, Lynton Caravan and Camping Park offer several options for camping guests.
There are six fully equipped campsites with showers and toilets, as well as plenty of space to pitch your tent or RV. If you’re looking for somewhere to relax after a busy day exploring the region, Lynton Caravan and Camping Park are perfect for you. The friendly staff is always happy to help with anything you need while you’re in the park, and there are plenty of activities available to keep everyone entertained.
8. Torquay Caravan and Camping Park
Torquay Caravan and Camping Park is a popular choice for families looking to enjoy the great outdoors. The park features a range of facilities, including a playground, football pitch, and tennis court. There are also several lakes, rivers, and forest areas to explore. You can camp in one of the park’s 30 sites or stay in one of the park’s five cottages.
9. Totnes Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a place to park your caravan or camping trailer in the South West, look no further than Totnes Caravan and Camping Park. Located just outside of town, this park has plenty of space for all sorts of vehicles, plus there’s a range of facilities on-site including a swimming pool, playground, and tennis court. You can also take advantage of the nearby attractions such as the Dartmoor National Park and the Exmoor National Park.
10. Exeter Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a relaxing spot to stay while in the South West, look no further than Exeter Caravan and Camping Park. This park offers plenty of amenities for campers, with a swimming pool, children’s play area, and fishing ponds among them. There’s also a range of activities on offer, including biking and hiking trails, swimming, and Tennis. If you’re looking to explore the region further, there are plenty of attractions close by, such as Torquay and Paignton.
11. Haytor Caravan and Camping Park
Haytor Caravan and Camping Park is an excellent place to stay if you’re looking for a quiet retreat with plenty of space to relax. The park has a range of facilities, including a swimming pool, tennis courts, and a children’s play area. You can also enjoy the natural surroundings of the park, which is surrounded by woodland and fields. If you’re looking for something different to do in the area, Haytor Caravan and Camping Park are well worth considering.
12. Westward Ho! Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a caravan and camping park in the South West, look no further than Westward Ho! Caravan and Camping Park. This park has everything you could hope for, including a heated pool, playground, games room, spa, and much more. Plus, it’s only a short drive from Bristol and Bath. Whether you’re planning a weekend break or an extended stay, Westward Ho! Caravan and Camping Park is the perfect spot.
13. Weymouth Caravan and Camping Park
If you’re looking for a peaceful and relaxing spot to call home whilst exploring the South West then Weymouth Caravan and Camping Park is definitely the place for you. The park has both static and motorhome sites, as well as a range of facilities including a swimming pool, playground, games area, and much more. If you’re looking for somewhere to cook up some of your own meals then the on-site kitchen is perfect for you. And if relaxation is what you’re after then don’t forget to take advantage of the park’s wide range of activities such as fishing, cycling, walking, and more.
14. Bude Caravan and Camping Park
Bude Caravan and Camping Park is a fantastic place to stay if you’re looking for a relaxing break away from it all. The park has everything you could possibly need, plus there’s plenty of space to wander around. There are also several excellent walks nearby, perfect for taking in the stunning scenery.
15. Dawlish Caravan and Camping Park
Dawlish Caravan and Camping Park is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a family-friendly caravan park. The site has plenty of space for trailers, caravans, and tents, and there’s also a playground and a football pitch. Dawlish also has good facilities for swimming, fishing, and golf, making it the perfect spot to enjoy some peaceful R&R.
If you’re looking for a caravan park in the South West England area, then you’ll want to check out these options. Each of these parks offers great facilities and fantastic customer service, so you can be sure that you’ll have a great time while on your holiday. Which one will you choose? Let us know in the comments below!