There are many exciting things to do in England that you might not have thought of. We’ve come up with a list of the best places to visit, things to see, and ways to explore this diverse country.
The Best Things to do in South West England – Never Forget to Enjoy Your Life
The best days to Travel to the South West
The South West of England is a beautiful place to visit, and there are a number of different things to do in the area. However, when it comes to planning your trip, you need to consider the best days to travel.
Here are some tips to help you plan your trip:
- The weather in the South West can be unpredictable, so it’s important to check the forecast before you travel. If you’re planning on spending time outdoors, then the best time to visit is during the summer months when the weather is at its best.
- If you’re looking for cheap flights and accommodation, then midweek is usually the best time to travel. Prices tend to be lower at this time as there are fewer people traveling.
- If you want to avoid crowds, then traveling during term time can be a good option. This is because many people take their holidays during school holidays. However, keep in mind that some attractions may be closed during this time.
- If you’re looking for a relaxed trip, then traveling at off-peak times can be a great option. This means avoiding busy periods such as weekends and bank holidays.
Places to Visit in the South West
There are plenty of places to visit in the South West of England.
Here are just a few of the best:
- Bath: This historic city is home to Roman baths, stunning Georgian architecture, and plenty of independent shops and cafes.
- Bristol: Bristol is a lively city with a great music scene, plenty of green spaces, and some fantastic museums.
- Cornwall: Cornwall is renowned for its beautiful beaches, quaint fishing villages, and dramatic coastline.
- Devon: Devon is another great spot for a beach holiday, with lots of pretty towns and villages to explore. The Dartmoor National Park is also well worth a visit.
- Dorset: Dorset is home to picturesque countryside, pretty seaside towns, and the world-famous Jurassic Coast.
Activities to do in the South West
There are plenty of activities to do in South West England, from exploring the stunning coastline to enjoying the region’s tasty food and drink.
Here are just a few of the best things to do in South West England:
- Take a walk along the South West Coast Path. This 630-mile trail runs along the coast from Devon to Dorset, taking in some of England’s most beautiful scenery.
- Visit Plymouth Hoe, a historic maritime area with sweeping views of Plymouth Sound. Don’t miss the Mayflower Steps, where the Pilgrim Fathers set sail for America in 1620.
- Sample some of the region’s finest food and drink. South West England is home to some great restaurants and producers of locally-sourced food and drink.
- Enjoy a spot of shopping in Bristol, one of the UK’s most vibrant cities. From high street favorites to independent boutiques, there’s something for everyone in Bristol’s shopping scene.
- Take a trip back in time with a visit to Tintagel Castle, one of Cornwall’s most iconic historical landmarks. Perched on a clifftop overlooking the sea, Tintagel Castle is steeped in myth and legend.
South West England Events
There are plenty of great events taking place in South West England throughout the year.
Here are just a few of the many highlights:
- Bristol Balloon Fiesta: One of the biggest hot air balloon festivals in Europe, Bristol’s annual event is not to be missed. Held over four days in early August, there’s plenty to see and do, with over 100 hot air balloons taking to the skies each day.
- Glastonbury Festival: The world-famous Glastonbury Festival takes place annually on a farm in Somerset. With a huge line-up of music and arts performers, it’s one of the most popular events in the UK calendar. Tickets sell out fast, so be sure to snap them up early if you’re planning on going.
- Plymouth Hoe Fireworks: Held on Plymouth Hoe – a large public park overlooking Plymouth Sound – this spectacular fireworks display is one of the best in the country. It takes place every November 5th (Guy Fawkes Night) and attracts tens of thousands of spectators each year.
The Best Restaurants in the South West
There are some amazing restaurants in the South West of England, from Michelin-starred eateries to cozy pubs serving up traditional British fare.
Here are just a few of the best places to eat in the South West:
- The Seafood Restaurant in Padstow is a must-visit for any seafood lover. This Michelin-starred restaurant serves up fresh, seasonal seafood dishes that will tantalize your taste buds.
- If you’re looking for a more casual dining experience, head to The Ivy in Bath. This stylish brasserie offers a menu of modern British classics, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- For a truly unique dining experience, visit Heston Blumenthal’s, The Fat Duck in Bray. This world-renowned restaurant offers an inventive menu of molecular gastronomy dishes that are sure to dazzle your senses.
The Best Cafes in the South West
There are plenty of great cafes to be found in South West England, but here are our top picks:
- The Art Cafe– This quirky cafe in Bristol is a great place to relax and enjoy some delicious food. The walls are adorned with artwork from local artists, and there’s even a little shop selling handmade gifts.
- The Lighthouse Cafe– perched atop a cliff in Cornwall, this cafe has stunning views out over the sea. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a cup of tea and a slice of cake while watching the waves crash below.
- The Old Town Bakery– This quaint bakery in Bath is famed for its scrumptious cream teas. Be sure to try one of their fruit scones, served warm with lashings of clotted cream and jam.
So there you have it, our top three cafes in South West England. Whether you’re looking for somewhere to enjoy a leisurely breakfast or afternoon tea, these cafes are sure to hit the spot.
Travel Recommendations for South West England
There are plenty of things to see and do in South West England, whether you’re looking for a relaxing break or an action-packed holiday.
Here are our top travel recommendations for the region:
- Visit the picturesque city of Bath: Take a stroll around the historic Abbey, relax in the naturally warm waters of the Roman Baths, or explore the many independent shops and cafes.
- Head to Bristol for a dose of culture: Visit the world-famous Clifton Suspension Bridge, explore the lively Harbourside area, or check out some of the city’s excellent museums and art galleries.
- For breathtaking coastal scenery, head to Cornwall: Walk along the stunning South West Coast Path, visit pretty fishing villages such as Mousehole and Polperro, or simply enjoy soaking up the sunshine on one of Cornwall’s many beaches.
- Devon is another great option for those who love the outdoors: Hike up to Dartmoor National Park for stunning views, take a leisurely bike ride along the Tarka Trail, or try your hand at surfing on one of Devon’s many beaches.
- Trip to Stonehenge: It is one of England’s most famous landmarks and located just outside Salisbury in Wiltshire, this ancient stone circle is well worth a visit!
Spending your holiday in the best places makes you mentally relieved and stress-free. Hope, this article guides you to choose the right and best places to travel or visit in South West England.